Thursday, February 7, 2008

My "poopie" just burbed

At the end of their lives a lot of people will have some regrets:
- I wish I would have traveled to X
- I wish I would have gotten married or...I wish I had never married :)
- I wish I would have tried harder at X
- I wish I could have found a job that I was passionate for
- I wish I would have spent more time with my spouse
- I wish I would have spent more time with my children

The list goes on and on, but there is one thing that people never, ever regret in their lives, and that is having children. People might regret how they got pregnant, or who they got pregnant with, or when they got pregnant, but no one ever regrets the child that results. In a world with so much uncertainty and conflict and lives where we often don’t know the correct path, there is one thing in this world where billions upon billions of people agree – there is nothing better in life than experiencing the love of a child. No one ever regrets having a child but I’m sure many regret later in their lives for not doing so.

Enough of the philosophy, here are some funny little things my son Josh (4 years old) has said to me lately:

Daddy, am I going to kiss girls when I grow up?

Daddy, you need to work more so you can buy me more toys.

A couple of weeks later…Daddy, you work too much.

What do you want to do when you grow up? I want to work on the computer and talk on the phone like Daddy.

Daddy, my “poopie” just burped.

No comments: