Sunday, March 30, 2008

Not running good

I haven't done very well the last few Sundays. On Saturday, I had a couple of hours to blow and played a 5-table $50 sitngo. 45 players and I take it down. I got so lucky towards the end. I'm waiting to get lucky like that when the real bucks matter!

Today, I literally got knocked out at the same time in the two biggest tourneys of the day. I have pretty good emotional control but that's a hard swipe at the same time!

I did run very deep in the Cake WSOP satellite. Unfortunately, I finished 6th and they gave away 3 seats. I was awarded $720 for my efforts. I went out with KK vs A9s. I raised UTG 25% of my stack and the SB with a big stack pushed me allin. I'm a little surprised by his move as he had such a big stack and could just coast into 3rd place without taking big risks. Cake by far has the fishiest tourneys on the web. The players overall are just very bad.

I played 9 tourneys today and am mentally exhausted. I just don't see how some of these guys play over 20 in a day.

Still waiting for the baby :). I may not be playing for a while which could be a good thing given how crummy I have done lately.

3 comments:

d said...

Congratulations on the baby! I am looking forward to your updated book, though I'm still making my way through your first edition. I'd have to say your book and King Yao's are my two favorites. I'm currently at $0.50/$1.00 online, but I hope to continue to move up with your help. Your literature has certainly inspired me. I'm sure others feel the same.

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt! I enjoyed reading your blog. This is your old buddy Jonathan Johnson. I've been playing some poker too. My handle on PS is gr8jaja so look me up sometime and maybe we can play a bit together. I'm sure you play bigger stakes than me but I'd love to play with you. Maybe we could even turn up a home game sometime. I may try to go to the WS this year for one of the smaller buy in NL events. congrats on the kids!

Matthew Hilger said...

Thanks dja and jonathan. Glad you are enjoying the book and blog. Jonathan, send me an email and I'll invite you to next home game.